Fiat, Meet Crypto: Everything Bankers Need to Know About Cryptocurrency
Featured Speakers :
Complimentary webinar, presented by CipherTrace.
Banks have by and large avoided cryptocurrency over the past decade. But as crypto becomes mainstream, ignoring it becomes a costly position—both because of the risk of fines and penalties for banks that have illicit transactions happening on their payment rails, and because of the failure to provide banking services to lucrative crypto accounts.
It’s a double-edged sword: regulators are pressuring banks to identify cases of money laundering and sanctions evasion tied to cryptocurrency, and customers are clamoring to be able to invest in crypto through the financial institutions they already know and trust.
In this webinar, CipherTrace VP of Financial Investigations will share a comprehensive overview of the relationship between traditional finance and the crypto economy. He will show how a risk-based approach to crypto can help financial institutions embrace the potential of cryptocurrency.
Join us to learn:
- Where the intersections between the traditional and crypto economies lie
- What role banks play in the conversion of fiat and cryptocurrencies
- How undetected crypto transactions can implicate banks in sanctions violations and funding of terrorists
- What opportunities cryptocurrencies present to banks
- What is required to provide crypto-related services, including custody