Cryptocurrencies, Meet Banking – What Banks and Crypto Asset Providers Need to Know in the Wake of the OCC’s Crypto Custody Letter
Featured Speakers :
Complimentary Webinar, Presented by BitAML, CoinStructive and Unchained Capital
On July 22, the US Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued a letter with significant implications for both banks and the world of cryptocurrencies. In it, OCC stated that banks can hold crypto assets on behalf of their customers, opening new avenues for the growing interconnection between the traditional financial sector and the burgeoning world of crypto.
For banks considering how to get involved with the crypto world, this new opportunity can collide with financial crime risks, as well as enduring misconceptions. In this session, hear from experts as they guide you on crypto business models, risk areas, and more considerations in light of the crypto custody letter. You’ll also get a live demo of what crypto custody actually looks like in practice, courtesy of Unchained Capital!
The session will cover:
- The essentials of crypto custodianship, and what means to be a crypto custodian
- Key AML, cyber and fraud risk factors tied to crypto assets
- Compliance controls and countermeasures to consider when exploring crypto custodial services, or other services related to crypto
- Business benefits and possible revenue streams
- A demonstration of how crypto custody services work in the real world, provided by a company currently offering these services
- And much more!
This session is eligible for 1.5 CFCS credits.
Important note for ACFCS members: Please register using the same email address tied to your member account.