BY DISCLOSING THE INFORMATION TO US, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE POLICY.
WHO WE ARE
We are ACFCS (a company registered in the United States whose registered address is at: 3625 Brookside Parkway, Suite 450, Alpharetta, GA 30022, (“ACFCS”), and we respect your privacy. This policy describes how we use your personal information.
When you use our websites or apps and purchase or use our products and/or services, you trust us with your information. There are many ways this personal information can help us to make our service better, for instance, we can remember your details so it’s easier for you to use the service/website.
We have tried to keep this document as clear and direct as possible, however there are contact details at the end of this policy if you have any questions or anything is unclear.
DALTON EDUCATION AND ACFCS
Collection and Storage of Your Information
When you register for or use our services and/or purchase our products, we will collect and use your personal information that you provide to us, including your:
- Full name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Course and webinar enrollments, course access dates/times and course completion data
- Credit Card Details
We maintain your information securely in our customer database and will only store it for a reasonable period of time, which if you have an account with us will be duration of your subscription to our service and for six years thereafter.
We also collect and aggregate user data regarding your use and activity of/on our websites and our apps.
Use of Information
This information is used:
- to provide the service or product requested;
- to enable billing and shipping;
- to personalize our service;
- to analyze and report on your and other students’ performance;
- to provide you with information about related products and services, based on the preferences you have indicated;
- to improve our website;
- for the development of new products and services; and
- for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
If you have inquired about, applied for, or enrolled in an ACFCS course or scholarship program, we (or one of our group companies) may occasionally update you on our latest policies, products/services, news and special offers via e-mail. At the bottom of any electronic communication you receive from us or one of our group companies, you will have an option to unsubscribe and opt-out of receiving further marketing communications.
Sharing of Information
- We will not share your credit card number with parties outside of our group of companies, or the payment processor.
- Our marketing partners and other third parties who we may share your information with will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third-party organizations in certain scenarios:
- information concerning your usage of our site and your progress using our study materials may be disclosed to third parties such as educational institutions, professors, and product development partners. If your company has sponsored your attendance or certification, we will also share progress (started, in progress, completed) course data, and successful certification outcomes;
- to engage service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating our websites or providing our products and services. For example, we engage third parties to provide marketing services (as described above), analytics services, and payment processing;
- to our marketing partners. Basic demographic data including name, address, phone, email, company, title, school, graduation data, course for which you are registered, and related information may be disclosed to marketing partners (including but not limited to Google ‘Adwords’, Facebook ‘Ads’ and LinkedIn ‘Insights’). You can prohibit this using the steps set out in the “How to prohibit sharing to our marketing partners” section;
- if we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- if we are reorganized or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- if we’re required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police; or
- if we are defending a legal claim your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Your personal information may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
Why We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you in the manner set out above either because it is necessary to perform the contract between us (providing the products or services ordered from us or opening and maintaining your account with us) or because we have a legitimate business interest. Our legitimate business interests include but are not limited to:
- ensuring we continue to improve our service and better understand our users and customers and how you use our website, our apps and our products and services;
- ensuring we can communicate with you and you can easily communicate with us and amend your preferences from time-to-time; and
- ensuring we develop and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers and partners.
Our marketing partners use your information because they believe they have legitimate business interests to do so as they think you would be interested in hearing from them about similar products and services to those we provide. If you wish to prohibit us sharing your personal information to our marketing partners, please follow the process set out in the “How to prohibit sharing to our marketing partners” section below.
The employer, educational institutions, professors, and product development partners to which we may share your information also use your information on the basis that they have legitimate interests as they process your data to analyze and improve team cohesion, reduce errors, speed onboarding and other improvements, and for the development of new products and services.
How to Prohibit Sharing to our Marketing Partners
You may prohibit sharing of your personal information to our marketing by following these steps:
- Locate an Email from ACFCS
- Click “Email Preferences” at the bottom
- Uncheck the types of emails you do not want to receive
- Click “Update Email Preferences”
You may have certain rights in relation to your information including a right to access or to correct the information we hold about you. Other rights may be available in certain circumstances.
We’ve listed the rights you have over your information and how you can use them below.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. They will generally not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- You can remove consent, where you have provided it, at any time.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information.
- You can ask for access to your information.
- You can ask to correct your information if it’s wrong.
- You can ask us to delete your information.
- You have a right to be forgotten and you can ask that our systems stop using your information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information.
- You can ask us to help you move your information to other companies. To help with that, you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information, but only in certain cases.
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
Users from Outside the U.S.
If you are using our websites from outside the United States, please be aware that personal information may be collected, stored, and processed in the United States. If we transfer personal information internationally, we take steps to provide adequate safeguards, such as entering into standard contractual clauses (as approved by the European Commission) with our service providers. Please be aware that the data protection laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our Data Privacy representative at email@example.com
Changes to the policy
This policy will be changed from time to time.
If we change anything important about this policy (the information we collect, how we use it or why) we will highlight those changes at the top of the policy and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change.
If you would like access to a previous version of its policy please contact us using the details set out above.
When you initially visit our website, we provide you with a choice to opt into cookies. In addition, most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of our websites may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings. We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose whether to accept them or not. Additional information regarding these cookies (including expiration date) may be available through your browser.
Type of Cookies
Required cookies enable you to navigate our websites and use certain features, such as accessing secure areas and to keep track of certain information as you navigate from page to page. If you disable these cookies, our websites will not function properly.Examples of required cookies include:
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies are only used to improve how our websites function and perform.
Examples of performance cookies include:
Tracking or Advertising Cookies